We are currently seeking a part-time Sales Associate for our Doo Tees. Interviews of qualified candidates will get underway as soon as application materials are received. This job begins as soon as possible.
Job Title: Doo Tees Sales Associate
Background: Independence Gardens LLC is a locally- and women-owned small business. We build sustainable edible gardens for Portlanders (and beyond) and make Doo Tees: friendly garden animal t-shirts. Please visit www.IndependenceGardensPDX.com and www.DooTees.info for more information.
Summary: The Sales Associate will manage relationships with existing Doo Tees retailers locally and nationwide, including placing and receiving t-shirt orders. (S)he will also identify, track, and follow up on new sales opportunities and assist with inventory management. This position is part-time, although the right candidate could grow it into a full-time position; compensation will be based in part on sales.
Essential Job Functions
- Communicates proactively and clearly with business owners, clients, and community members.
- Meets/exceeds goals established in 2014 work plan while assisting with implementation and further development of Marketing Plan.
- Maintains clear records reflecting work activities, including time investment and ROI.
- Attends select community events on behalf of Doo Tees and Independence Gardens, and always represents the company positively.
- Maintains a high professional standard in individual behavior for the demonstration of respect, courtesy, and professionalism.
- Lifts up to 70 lbs. safely.
- Is at least 18 years of age and able to travel independently within the Portland metro area.
- Possesses highly developed communication skills, especially via phone and e-mail; a well-honed, adaptable sense of humor; and great skill in the art of follow-through.
- Works independently, sets own pace, and finds creative ways to meet/exceed benchmarks established by and with business owners.
- Cultivates a relentlessly positive attitude in combination with exceptional organizational abilities.
- Understands own strengths, and is willing to design a work flow that is uniquely motivating.
- Exudes enthusiasm for sustainability, edible gardening, and “friendly garden animals.”
- Is very comfortable with data entry and database management.
- Agrees to three-month probationary period.
- Ability to connect own work with larger goals/plans/patterns, and tactfully point out any inconsistencies that may arise.
- Skill working with CRM software.
- Previous sales experience, online and/or wholesale, and inventory management.
- Experience with and enthusiasm for social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
- Connections with diverse Portland-area communities.
- Proficiency in multiple languages.
- Job begins as soon as possible.
- This is a part-time, as-needed position, starting at approximately 5-10 hrs./wk.
- Base wage is $10-$15/hr., depending on experience, with additional compensation on commission basis.
- Applicable travel expenses will be reimbursed according to federal mileage schedule.
Send your resume and three references to Karen@IndependenceGardensPDX.com. In your cover letter, please give us a sense of how your experiences and skills will contribute to the Doo Tees campaign, and also how this position will help you meet your own goals.
We are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people, including minorities, veterans, returning citizens, and individuals with disabilities. Independence Gardens is a drug-free workplace.
Even if this job isn’t up your alley, we are always looking to connect with folks interested in working with us! Please contact us if you are interested in learning more about the work we do and the people we hire to do it.
If you’re interested in gaining work experience with a sustainable small business, check out our Internships page.