About Our Classes
- Our regular classes cost $20; no one will be turned away for lack of funds.
- All ages and ability levels are welcome. We do ask that all attendees take responsibility for their own learning; if that is not possible (for instance, in the case of a young child attending with a parent), we ask that a responsible party provide activities and supervision during class time. (If you are looking for youth-focused activities, please visit our Youth Programs page.)
- We ask for advance signup (non-binding; gets you on the list for the reminder e-mail that goes out the day before the class) or pre-registration (secures your spot; recommended if you know you’ll be able to attend) so that we have enough materials for everyone at each class, and do not produce waste. If you have not signed up in advance but want to attend, please do your best to let us know by the day before the class.
- If you are unable to attend a class for which you have registered, we can refund your payment if you notify us by sending an e-mail to classes@IndependenceGardensPDX.com by the day before the class you planned to attend.
- Our format is presentation-oriented, but we always leave time for Q&A/discussion, and usually include a hands-on activity. For upcoming workshops (which are more hands-on than our regular classes), see our Workshops page.
- Everyone who attends a class during each month will be entered to win an original Doo Tee; winners will be announced in our Newsletter on the first of the next month.
Register here for open classes! You can also see the list of classes we offer year-round here.