Independence Gardens’ goal is to help people grow their own food in gardens that are productive, accessible, and easy to maintain. But we also offer a unique type of maintenance package, tailored to fit a wide range of budgets and goals. We provide just the right amount of support for our clients, designing our contracts to include a combination of the following services:
- Creating month-by-month planting plans for garden spaces, based on client’s plant preferences.
- Working alongside our clients to plant edible plants.
- Purchasing plants throughout garden season, emphasizing use of organic and local seeds and starts.
- Visiting periodically to perform garden maintenance tasks, including weeding, thinning, pruning, and organically fertilizing plants.
- Installing appropriate plant supports for use during the growing season.
- Removing spent/diseased plants and disposing of plant material as appropriate.
- Using integrated pest management principles to address plant disease or insect problems.
- Winterizing garden space at conclusion of growing season and/or setting up season extenders for winter growing.
- Collaborating with landscape designers and other contractors to ensure functional and aesthetic integration of edible garden with overall landscape.
- Providing informational resources to client about edible gardening, specific plants, etc.
If you need additional help along the way, we are happy to include other services in our agreements.